Pool Fixtures |Latest Jobs | Npower News

Read All Nigeria News , Latest News in Nigeria; Top breaking Naija News Latest from News Week Ng

Advertisements

Wike’s son shot dead in US? Truth emerges as Rivers Govt breaks silence on viral reports 

0

Advertisements

Has Wike’s son been shot dead in the US? This is what we know, as Rivers Government breaks silence on viral reports 

 

 

The Rivers State Government has debunked claims in social media that the son of Governor Nyesom Wike was shot dead in the United States.

 

 

The state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Chris Finebone, said this while reacting to a trending post in social media that Wike’s son was shot dead in the US over the governor’s alleged activities in the just concluded Presidential and National Assembly elections in Rivers State.

 

Advertisements

READ ALSO: Ortom Breaks Ranks With Wike, As G-5 Governors Battle To Save Their Political Careers 

The post is captioned ‘Breaking news: Wike’s only son shot dead in California, US over father’s act in Rivers election’.

 

The post showed the governor’s son in a convocation gown at his graduation in a United Kingdom University last year, flanked by Wike, his wife Justice Suzette and their daughter, posing for the cameras.

 

Advertisements

But Finebone in a statement entitled ‘Yet again, another lie’, sent to newsmen in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, said the governor neither has a son or any child for that matter in the United States.

 

He said the post was the handiwork of those he described as wicked people who were bent on blackmailing and tarnishing the image of the Rivers State Governor, and urged members of the public to discountenance it.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: INEC Presents Certificate of Return to President-elect, Bola Tinubu 

Advertisements

The statement partly read, “This is a big lie by evil people. For the avoidance of doubt, Gov. Nyesom Wike has no son or child in the US. By the special grace of God, the governor’s children are safe and doing well where they are.

 

“This satanic rumour is yet another concoction by wicked people in their insidious quest to blackmail and tarnish the image of Gov. Wike. There is absolutely no truth in this cheap blackmail.

 

“The public should disregard and throw it into the trash can where it belongs,” it said.

Advertisements

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Verified by MonsterInsights