Doris Chima Biography: 11 Interesting Facts You Should Know About The Nollywood Actress who Died of cancer
See Doris Chima Biography: 11 Interesting Facts You Should Know About The Nollywood Actress who Died of Cancer
Ejes Gist News gathered, After a long battle with cancer, Chima, a founding member of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) and former vice-chairperson of the Lagos AGN is dead.
Read Also : BREAKING: House of Representatives Member Is Dead
Chima was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020 and had the affected breast removed to prevent further damage.
Also read: Nollywood actor Stanley Okoro passes away
Doris Chima Biography
“She called me last week and pleaded with me not to remove her from the verification exercise I embarked on to ascertain true members of the guild in Lagos because of her ill health,” he said.
“I got a call yesterday morning saying she had died. Though I have yet to pay a visit to the family, we have suffered a great loss. I pray for her soul’s repose.”
Doris Chima Age, Biography
Nollywood actress, Doris Chima has been confirmed dead. She died at age of 63 years. She died as a result of breast cancer which she has been battling since last year.
Here are some interesting facts about Doris Chima (Biography )
- Doris Chima, a veteran actress, died after a long battle with breast cancer.
- She died at the age of 63.
- She has previously held several high-ranking positions in the AGN, including vice-chairperson of the Lagos chapter.
- Nkem Owoh a.k.a Osuofia (Lion Finger), John Okafor a.k.a Mr. Ibu (Cold Brothers), and Genevieve Nnaji have all starred alongside the Abia State-born actress (Passion)
- Doris Chima was one of the AGN’s original members when it was founded.
- She had surgery for the affected body part in 2020 after being diagnosed.
- On Sunday, August 15th, 2021, the veteran film star passed away.
- She was best known for her role in the 2008 films “Critical Condition 1 & 2.”
- She also played a pivotal role in the critically acclaimed stage play “Nana of the Niger Delta.”
- Her music career began in 1991 on a Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) artiste showcase programme.
- She was married and had a family of her own. He was a devout Christian.