Dominic Oneya Biography: 10 Facts You Should Know About Former Military Governor of Kano
Dominic Oneya Biography , facts about him that you should know
Brigadier-General Dominic Obukadata Oneya, the Military Governor of Kano State during General Sani Abacha’s military regime, has died.
During General Abacha’s military regime, Oneya served as the military governor of Kano from August 1996 to August 1998.
Here are some facts about Dominic Oneya, the ex-military governor of Kano:
- On May 26, 1948, Brigadier-General Dominic Obukadata Oneya was born.
- During the military regime of General Sani Abacha, he served as Administrator of Kano State in Nigeria from August 1996 to August 1998.
- Dominic Obukadata Oneya was born in Apapa, Lagos State’s Local Government Area.
- His ancestors are Urhobo.
- His hometown is Agbarho in Delta State’s Ughelli North Local Government Area.
- Adjutant of 31 Infantry Battalion (1971–1972), Instructor at 4 Division Training School (1972–1973), and Instructor at Nigerian Army Military Training College, Jaji (1975–1977) were among his command positions during his military career.
- From 1977 to 1980, he served as a Staff Officer at Army Headquarters Lagos and in operations with the UN Interim Force in Lebanon (1980–1981).
- General Sani Abacha appointed him Administrator of Kano State, Nigeria, on August 22, 1996.
- Oneya was named Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association on January 17, 2000.
- At the age of 73, Oneya died at his home in Effurun GRA, Uvwie Local Government Area, Delta State.
Dominic Oneya Age
Dominic Oneya died at the aged 73