Dollar to Naira |Latest Jobs | Npower News

Read All Nigeria News , Latest News in Nigeria; Top breaking Naija News Latest from News Week Ng

Advertisements

BREAKING: You are a criminal, FCT not Anambra where you use illegal court order to grab lands — Wike replies Anambra-born businessman, Ukachukwu   

FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, has responded to man who accused him of demolishing his property because he's an Igbo man, says FCT under him is not Anambra State PDP where you can use illegal court order.  

0

Advertisements

You are a criminal, FCT not Anambra where you use illegal court order to grab lands — Wike replies Anambra-born businessman, Ukachukwu 

 

FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, has responded to man who accused him of demolishing his property because he’s an Igbo man, says FCT under him is not Anambra State PDP where you can use illegal court order.

 

Wike went on to explain that they both initially agreed to settle, but the man went behind his back to fence the land and also started selling the land to other people while the case was still in court.

 

 

Advertisements

NEWS WEEK NIGERIA had earlier reported that Chief Nicholas Ukachukwu, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the SNECOU Group Limited accused the FCT Minister Nyesom Wike of demolishing his investment on 214 hectares of land in the Asokoro district of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja because he is an Igbo man.

 

Such Huge Land Shouldn’t Be Given To An Igbo Man— Wike Complains As He Orders Demolition of Popular Abuja Estate Despite Court Order  

 

He accused the FCT Minister, Mr Nyesom Wike of ordering the demolition.

 

Advertisements

He lamented that the demolition was carried out without any court order, despite pending valid two court orders from separate courts restraining the minister and the FCT administration from tampering with the property.

 

 

 

According to AIT, the property sitting on 214 hectares of land was demolished on Wednesday in the presence of heavily armed security operatives including soldiers, policemen and personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

 

 

After about six hours, the buildings some of which had got to the window level and the fence had been pulled down and all that was left was a heap of rubble.

 

Advertisements

Speaking in an interview with the channel, the Anambra-born businessman called on President Bola Tinubu to intervene and save the multi-million-naira invested in the property.

 

 

He claimed that the property was demolished because it was owned by an Igbo man, and not because the company violated any law, as all legal titles had been sorted and obtained before commencing development of the property.

 

 

Claiming that the demolition was done in bad fate, Ukachukwu said: “Wike called for a meeting over the land, we went with our documents after seeing what we had with our lawyer and other company, Sunrise which they gave part of that land. Wike said that there is nothing on this that the court should take its effect.

 

Advertisements

“After going around the land, in his normal ways of behaviour, Wike started shouting; how will they take all this land and give it to an Igbo man? Then, the next thing we saw was the demolition of the buildings without a court order.”

 

According to him, all the legal titles of the property had been obtained including two ministerial approvals, and letters from the immediate past FCT Minister, Mohammed Musa Bello.

 

He said, “We went through all due process including ministerial approval. We have the full final title document, letter of offer and Certificate of Occupancy.

 

 

Advertisements

“As I’m talking to you, we have not received any document revoking the property or even the reason for the demolition. The only thing we saw was the demolition, the title has not been revoked and we have not been served any notice.”

 

He insisted that the action of the minister ran contrary to two pending court orders restraining any action by the FCT on the land.

 

 

He said, “Two separate courts issued a different court order restraining him from tampering or doing anything in that property but all of sudden Wike now moved all the ‘caterpillars’ (bulldozers) in Abuja and went and started pulling those properties that we have invested billions into down.”

 

 

 

He called on President Tinubu to intervene in the matter to protect the rights of genuine investors and businessmen. “I am calling on Mr President, who I know has nothing to do with the tribe to call Wike to order or remove this man before he brings disdain to hisadministration.

Advertisements

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Verified by MonsterInsights