BREAKING: Tinubu Finally Appoints 37-Year-Old Lady As Minister of Youth
Tinubu finally Appoints Minister of Youth
President Bola Tinubu has approved the nomination of Dr. Jamila Bio Ibrahim to serve as the Minister of Youth, pending her confirmation by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Who is Dr. Jamila Bio, President Tinubu’s Minister of Youth Nominee?
– Medical doctor, politician, and development practitioner
– Public servant and advocate of United Nations Global Goals
– Former Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Kwara State on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
– Daughter to Ibrahim Isa Bio, Fmr Minister of Sports (Goodluck Jonathan), Fmr Transport Minister (Yar Adua), Fmr Member Federal HoR, and Fmr 2-term speaker Kwara House of Assembly
JAMILA BIO, The Leader
– National President of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Young Women Forum (APC PYWF)
– Past roles as Senior Special Assistant on Health matters to the Governor of Kwara State
JAMILA BIO, The Humanitarian
– Volunteered in the northeast region of Nigeria under The Presidential Committee on the NorthEast initiative
– Supported vulnerable and internally displaced persons in the region
– Volunteered on the campaign trail for Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq in the 2019 general election
JAMILA BIO, The advocate
– Advocate for the emancipation of women and youth in society
– Promotes social and economic development through active participation in socio-political activities
– Focused on grassroots leadership and mentorship for young women and men
JAMILA BIO, Honours
– Clean Nigeria Ambassador award for contributions in the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene sector
– UN Peace Ambassador award by the International Association of World Peace Advocates
– Distinguished honorary award for contributions to Education and SDGs supported by UNESCO Nigeria
– Represented Nigeria and Kwara State as a speaker on international platforms like the United Nations and the African Union
JAMILA BIO, her passions.
– Passion for horses and horseback riding with over a decade of horseback riding experience
– Uses horseback riding and polo to challenge societal barriers against women and girls’ participation in such sports
– Aims to inspire more young girls and women to take up horse riding for leisure and as a profession.